The design of the Vaavud Sleipnir wind meter is inspired partly by professional cup anemometers, and partly by a Danish developed wind turbine with verticle blades.
The carefully designed, asymmetrical rotor accelerates when the largest surface is hit by the wind.
The built-in sensor makes 40,000 measurements per second allowing the app to detect even the slightest variations in wind speed. This high frequency signal can be used to derive both wind speed and direction.
- Wind speed: 1-40 m/w, +/- 4% precision
- Wind direction: Yes, +/- 10 degrees precision
- Omnidirection: Yes
- Technology: Built in electronic sensor
- Construction quality: Rugged
- Dimensions: 22x45x83 mm
- Neoprene bag: Yes
The Vaavud app allows you to view:
- Current, avrage and maximum wind speed
- Real time graph
- Unit of measure can be chosen (m/s, km/h, knots, mph, Bft)
- Live map, showing measurements from other users
- History tab, acessible across all your devices
- Share wind readings to facebook