ELEY High Velocity Hollow
ELEY high velocity hollow is the first and only black .22LR rimfire hunting cartridge. The patented oxidisation process of the blackened brass case enhances accuracy by providing a more consistent propellant and primer burn by optimising the contact point between case and bullet.
ELEY's scientific studies with ELEY edge and ELEY force (both featuring black cases) have proven the oxidised finish increases friction between the case and projectile. This regulates and controls the force required to eject the bullet, increasing ballistic consistency and accuracy whist stabilising the projectile.
The oxidised case reduces the inherent instability caused by supersonic speeds, another reason why ELEY have chosen the black case for ELEY high velocity hollow.
ELEY high velocity hollow guarantees world class accuracy, penetration and expansion from the low antimony soft lead alloy bullet. Each shot delivers a lethal blow to vermin such as prairie dogs, gophers, rabbits and squirrels. It is the perfect round for hunters and pest controllers who need maximum velocity without compromising on accuracy.
- High velocity and accurate
- Non-greasy all weather lubricant
- Market-leading expansion characteristics
- Excellent stopping power
- Varmint shooters
- Lightweight Sport Rifle (LSR)
bullet profile Hollow point
cartridge length 25.4mm / 1inch
bullet weight 2.46grams / 38grains
- Muzzle : 381m/s (1250ft/s)
- 50m (55yds) : 355m/s (1164ft/s)
- 91m (100yds) : 332m/s (1088ft/s)
- Muzzle = 19.2 (Kg.m) / 139.0 (ft.lb)
- 50m / 55yds = 16.6 (Kg.m) / 120.0 (ft.lb)
- 91m / 100yds = 14.5 (Kg.m) / 105.0 (ft.lb)
lubricant Paraffin wax