Hornady 6mm ARC Brass
Advanced. Versatile. Efficient. Effective.
Tested, selected and fielded by a specialized group within the U.S. DoD for its multipurpose combat rifle program, the versatile 6mm ARC does much of what larger cartridges can and everything that smaller cartridges can’t. Designed to meet the needs of the world’s toughest critics, the 6mm ARC utilizes efficient, high-BC bullets to deliver unprecedented performance from the AR-15 platform. Commercial 6mm ARC offerings will feature bullets selected to deliver ideal performance for hunting, match shooting and personal protection applications.
The 6mm ARC (Advanced Rifle Cartridge)
Achieves results never before delivered from the AR-15 platform with the ultimate blend of system weight, performance and shoot ability.
Equally at home in AR-15 platforms and short or micro action bolt guns and suitable for applications from personal defense to match shooting and hunting.
Balanced application of cartridge, chamber and propellant design coupled with bullet selection for optimum all-range performance and barrel life.
Excellent terminal performance from an assortment of bullets for a variety of applications.
- Features match-accurate Hornady bullets held to the tightest tolerances in our test lab.
- Utilizes an efficient propellant charge and bullet weight combination.
- Shooters can self-spot impacts on or off-target to make rapid adjustments.
- Less felt recoil than larger short-action-based (308 Win family) cartridges.
- Factory ammunition in a variety of bullet styles.
- Handloaders can choose from a multitude of 6mm bullets for applications from varmint and deer hunting to match shooting.
The 6mm ARC does what much larger cartridges can and everything that smaller cartridges can’t. It delivers substantially better ballistics than the 223 and offers a much lighter gun/ammo system with 30% less weight than the AR-10/308 Win system. Overall, the 6mm ARC delivers optimum all-range performance and barrel life. 6mm ARC ammo comparison