Kowa 82SV 82mm Spotting Scope
Kowa enjoys a spectacular reputation of enduring quality internationally, where there are large numbers of nature enthusiasts. Their TSN-82SV Spotting Scope is the modern iteration of Kowa's TSN-821M scope, which endured for well over a decade as their premium design. The 82SV's a great choice if you want the very best in optics from a respected Japanese company without forking over an arm and a leg to get it.
The TSN-82SV was created using advanced optical technology and the best of materials known. Its 82mm objective lens gathers gobs of light, ensuring a bright field of view in nearly any practical nature viewing. It makes for a great casual-use astronomical scope.
The 82SV is offered exclusively as an angled viewing design. While it isn't a matter entirely settled until you experience the differences for yourself, it is nearly a universal belief that the angled scopes offer a more comfortable time of longer glassing, and are unequivocally easier to share amongst a group of observers. You can also get away with a shorter tripod using the angled scope, perhaps shaving precious ounces off your pack weight. Angled scopes do require a bit more experience at locating the subject; if you're tall and equipped with a tall tripod and primarily viewing alone, a straight viewing scope is often preferred.
- Large 3.2" objective lens gathers plenty of light
- Full multicoatings upon all lenses and prisms
- Main lens composed from environmentally friendly, lead-free "eco-glass"
- Unique flat, wide porro prism design
- 360 degree rotating base with click stops allows usage from all angles, eases comfort when viewing from elevated positions, and facilitates Wimberley Sidekick or other compact gimbal heads
- Quick-aiming finder on the scope's right aids in object locating
- Sliding sun shade protects objective from impact, rain, and stray light
- Accepts 86mm filters
- O-ring sealed and nitrogen purged
- Extensively adaptable to SLR, point & shoot, and video cameras via optional dedicated adapters
- Metal alloy & carbon fiber rubber-armored construction
- Kowa's attractive signature green finish will not disturb wildlife
- Water resistant and fog resistant
The 60mm, 66mm and 82mm are polycarbonate with carbon fiber. The 88 and 77 are magnesium and aluminum.
Good scope for 1000 yards.
If customer has 824 scope and wants an eyepiece, he can purchase a TSN-EC3 converter ring that will allow use of the 82SV or 600 series eyepieces.
You May Also Like