Dillon RL 550C Machine
The Dillon RL550C is the most versatile reloading machine in the Dillon Precision Products line. It will accommodate the widest variety of cartridges from 32 ACP up to 338 Lapua, 416 Rigby, and 460 Weatherby.
It has a manually indexed shellplate making it easier to master the various steps of reloading. Manual indexing also gives the operator greater control over each individual step in the loading process. Caliber changes are simple and require fewer parts than other machines which makes it less expensive to convert to another cartridge.
The "C" designation indicates a significant revision from the original design. The upper link arm pivot pins are now threaded in place, and have a grease groove around the pin that connects with a lube hole on the end of the pin. You can use a needle fitting on a grease gun to lubricate the upper pivot pins now.
The RL550C comes with a lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects and normal wear and tear.
The Machine is shown with options.
Options shown are as follows but not included with machine:
Handgun carbide die set
Caliber Conversion Kit
550 Strong Mount
Aluminum Roller Handle
Low Powder Sensor
Aluminum Bullet Tray
Toolholder with wrenches
Empty Case Bin & Bracket
Dies are not included with this machine.
Reloading with Dillon's RL 550C is Easy as 1-2-3!
Most shooters realize that reloading is the most economical way to enjoy their sport, but many shooters are unaware of just how simple it is to reload. In fact, Dillon's RL 550C is the easiest progressive loader in the world to learn to reload with. How can we make that statement? Simple. Since all of the reloading steps are performed with a stroke of the handle, there is less to remember (or forget) than with an old-fashioned single-station press.
Of all the steps in reloading, the adjustment of the reloading dies is the most critical. With the Dillon RL 550C's removable toolhead, your dies will stay in perfect adjustment. There's no need to screw them in and out even when changing calibers! The RL 550C functions perfectly with any standard 7/8" x 14 die set. There's less to go wrong, less to remember.
It's Your Choice
You can struggle along with a slow, cumbersome single-station press with all its adjustments, changes and secrets, or make your life easier with a progressive RL 550C. If you're thinking about a competitor's reloader, before you put your money down, consider this: Dillon will let you try the RL 550C for 30 days. If it doesn't live up to our claims, or your expectations, return it. We'll refund your money. Our warranty is simple: If it breaks, we'll fix it FREE for as long as you own it.
Rifle and Pistol
The Dillon RL 550C will produce match-quality ammo for over 160 different rifle and pistol calibers. The RL 550C comes complete with one caliber conversion.
The basic RL550C includes:
- Powder measure with standard large and small powder bars (small installed). The small bar throws from 2.1 to 15 grains of powder. The large bar throws up to 55 to 60 grains of powder.
- 1 priming system with large and small priming parts.
- 1 large and 1 small primer pick up tube.
- Low Primer Alarm.
- 1 toolhead.
- 1 powder die.
- 1 loaded cartridge catch bin.
- 1 written instruction manual.
- 1 set of standard Allen wrenches.
You will also need (at a minimum):
- Caliber Conversion Kit
- Die Set (dies are not included with the base unit)
- Powder Scale
- Reloading Handbook
- Dial Caliper
- Primer Flip Tray
- Case Lube (for bottleneck cartridges)
We suggest that you also get:
- Dillon dies, which are designed for high speed use.
- Extra primer pick-up tubes if loading more than 100-200 rounds per sitting
- If you are loading more than 500 rounds per reloading session, then the RF-100 Electric Primer Filler is an accessory well worth considering.
- A machine cover to keep the unit dust free
To change calibers, you will need:
- A die set for the new caliber
- A caliber conversion kit
- If you have the optional electric casefeeder you may need a different casefeed plate
If you want to leave your dies preset, you'll need:
- Toolhead (#13909)
- Power die (#20064)
- Or the 550 Quick Change (#22058), which includes a powder measure, powder die, toolhead and a toolhead stand. This allows you to leave your dies and powder charge set up and dedicated to a specific cartridge for faster, easier caliber changes.
The products offered for sale on this page can expose you to chemicals, including Lead, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.