Please use this link for details.
Performance Advantages for the Shooter
- The Geissele SSA-E has a pull weight of about 3.5lb. 2.3 lbs on the first stage and 1.2lb on the second stage. The pull weights and sear engagement are non adjustable.
- Trigger and hammer are made from quality tool steel
- Sear surfaces are cut by a wire edm machine. Sears cut this way are very accurate and the non-directional surface finish of the wire edm gives a smooth trigger pull without the associated grittiness of directional machining marks left by a milling cutter.
- The initial force needed to start the disengagement of the sear surfaces is low and the force linearly increases at a low rate. This helps the shot to fall at the initial point of aim and aids in building shooter confidence in his weapons ability to put the rounds where his sight is pointing.
- The Geissele SSA trigger allows the shooter to slap through the trigger pull on close in shots but also set up a long range shot with a crisp trigger break.
- A full force hammer spring is used for quick locktime and positive ignition of all types of ammo. No lightened hammer spring is used.
- The hammer is lighter than a standard AR15 hammer. The lightened hammer favorably decreases locktime and increases accuracy of the weapon, especially for snap shots.
Advantages for the Armorer
- The Geissele SSA is a simple design that is very similar to the original M16 trigger. The number of parts is identical.
- There are no adjustment screws to come loose.
- All springs are captive; they will not get lost during disassembly in the field
- The entire trigger can be dissembled for cleaning (no rivets or staked parts)
- The trigger can be installed without removing the safety
- Sear engagement is pre-set from the factory.
- Hammer and trigger pins are a close slip fit into nominal receiver holes so the trigger can be installed and removed with rudimentary tools.
- Triggers come with a slave pin for the trigger/disconnector assembly for easy installation.
We recommend using FedEx when ordering this product. First-Class Mail does not offer tracking or insurance.
International Customers: Please check your country's import laws before placing any orders for weapon parts.